If you have watched hypnosis being done in movies you might think that it is more of a control tactic. Perhaps it is used to make people commit crimes or even fall in love without their will. Contrary to the fact hypnosis is more than just some wacky kind of magic. In fact hypnosis can be a treatment for number of ailments and can help restore an individual’s health and well-being.
Medical hypnosis is used as a psychological treatment to help an individual experience a change in the sensation and their perceptions. It is usually performed in a clinic by a trained and licensed psychologist or physician. Hypnosis involve certain techniques for relaxing and calming the patient and it usually just last during the session. Hypnosis involves patients being instructed to think about a pleasant experience or giving them verbal cues so that they are transported into a trance like State.
How can hypnosis help you?
- Hypnosis is highly effective for individuals who sleepwalk or who struggle from insomnia. If you suffer from sleep disorders and find yourself falling asleep late you may benefit from seeking treatment for it. It can help you relax so that you are able to sleep easily. Hypnosis can help individuals who are sleepwalkers by training them to wake up as soon as their feet touch the ground thus helping them avoid sleepwalking altogether.
- It is also quite helpful for treating anxiety disorders. It is effective in individuals who suffer from anxiety due to a chronic health conditions like a heart disease. On the other hand it may not work for a generalized anxiety disorder. It’s also helpful for individuals who struggle with phobias all stop usually they might be intensely fearful of something which might not pose an immediate threat to them. Hypnosis kin help rule out any society by encouraging the body to activate a relaxation response with the help of nonverbal cues and lowered blood pressure.
- Hypnosis is also effective for treating irritable bowel syndrome. There are enough clinical studies which prove that it can help improve symptoms of constipation and diarrhea. Usually irritable bowel syndrome is also associated with nausea and fatigue. Since hypnosis relies on relaxation techniques it can help treat these as well.
- Individuals who suffer from chronic pain might also benefit from hypnosis. If patient is suffering from migraine or tension headaches or any other kind of pain associated with arthritis, cancer or fibromyalgia, they can benefit from hypnosis.
- It also helps individuals to quit smoking altogether. Some individuals might use a nicotine patch or a prescription medicine but usually it is not enough. Research proves that there are many people who realize that hypnosis help them kick the smoking habit. It is best to work with an hypnotherapist so they are able to customize your treatment in order to match your lifestyle.
- Last but not the least it can also help individuals with losing weight. Individuals who are looking for moderate weight loss may benefit from hypnosis.
Be sure to book in for hypnosis at the clinic of a reputable psychologist.